A new look at cooking and home decorating...with an attempt to add more greens to the plate, more vegetarian options & hopefully lots of new ideas to explore

Sunday, December 30, 2007

New Years Resolutions


Last night we had a wonderful post Christmas feast of Scottadito- an Italian dish of grilled baby lamb chops. The chops are simply seasoned and grilled then a simple sauce of sautéed garlic, reduced wine is added and garnished with a bit of mint. I must admit it was nice to get back to this simple fare.

This week brings in the New Year. After our Christmas eave feast of seven fishes, Christmas day roast beef, and too many Christmas cookies, I begged for simple Japanese food for new years. I will tell you that the Christmas roast was excellent and the Yorkshire puddings were so awful I didn’t even serve them- next year I will stick with tried and true popovers.

In the year to come I hope to try cooking and eating new food items. While I love to cook what I consider to be French bistro fare, I hope to open my kitchen to more Mexican, and Rustic Italian and even Moroccan style fare. A good friend of mine is in the process of moving down south and promised to send some southern recipes to me for the blog.

Happy cooking in the New Year!

No comments: