A new look at cooking and home decorating...with an attempt to add more greens to the plate, more vegetarian options & hopefully lots of new ideas to explore

Friday, January 4, 2008

Duck confit with Barbeque sauce- a quick dinner


Hey, I never said it was a cheap dinner. I made this almost instant gourmet meal the other night and wanted to share it with you. I happened to be knee deep experimenting with barbeque sauces the other day and realized, much to my surprise, it was dinnertime! I looked through the fridge and found 2 little duck confit legs. D’artagnan makes the legs and I often pick them up at my regular chain grocery store. I find them more often around the holidays. If you cant find them try online, I think the company will ship.


Anyway, Grill the legs enough to char the skin (a few minutes per side) them toss them into a preheated oven (450) for about 8-10 minutes. At this point you can plate them, but I like to broil them, skin side up to get the skin extra crispy. Top with your favorite barbeque sauce and serve with baby spinach salad.

No comments: