A new look at cooking and home decorating...with an attempt to add more greens to the plate, more vegetarian options & hopefully lots of new ideas to explore

Monday, October 15, 2007

Mint Garden

I got a call this morning from Michelle, a friend of mine. Michelle said her garden had become overgrown with mint. Michelle had been using the mint all summer to make mojitos, but summer is over. What to do with all of the extra mint? I suggested a fantastic mint sauce. Chimichurri sauce is an Argentinean staple. I like to use this sauce with a pan-seared lamb or even on top of fish. Sorry there is no picture yet, I grabbed this recipe from my pre – blog recipe file. If you don’t have ancho powder, try using a small pinch of red chili flakes – or for a more mild version skip the chili altogether. By the way I am hopping to get the mojito recipe from Michelle!

No comments: