A new look at cooking and home decorating...with an attempt to add more greens to the plate, more vegetarian options & hopefully lots of new ideas to explore

Friday, August 24, 2007

Sharing food with friends-

After posting the bit about How to make Gnocchi, I realized that I hadn’t yet shared with you with my Classic Pesto recipe. One of the most wonderful things about the end of summer is turning homegrown basil into pesto. I freeze the pesto in ice cube trays then place all of the cubes in one large bag. I reach into that bag all winter long to add a breath of new life and summer flavors to chicken dishes and pots of soup. Believe it or not it is a huge timesaver to have this luscious pre made garlic basil sauce already made and stored.

In the spirit of sharing recipes, my friend Karen, who is an avid cook, is working on main course dish for the blog. I can’t wait to try it myself. I have already pre-ordered the ingredients on peapod.com and I must say the recipe is inexpensive, simple and very straightforward. I’m sure that you will enjoy it. Look for it in a September blog post...

No comments: