A new look at cooking and home decorating...with an attempt to add more greens to the plate, more vegetarian options & hopefully lots of new ideas to explore

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Crostini of cinnamon raisin bread, Gorgonzola cheese and diced apples


I am having a group of women over for a wine tasting and wanted finger food that was easy to prepare. This Hors D’Oeuvre is so simple that it seemed almost crazy to try to type it out as a formal recipe, so I won’t!

Here is generally what you will need-

1 loaf cinnamon raisin bread- I get mine from a local German bakery, they slice it for me.
1 hunk of Italian Gorgonzola cheese
Apples, about 3 or more- I cut them into a medium dice (skin on) as I am about to assemble the crostini, however, if you plan to cut them in advance make sure to toss them in a bit of lemon juice so they won’t discolor.

Ok, so you take a slice of bread and lightly toast it in your toaster-then cut it into quarters. Spread about ½ teaspoon or less Gorgonzola cheese on each quarter of the bread and top with 2 apple slices. Repeat until you have run out of supplies. Easy right?
If you have extra bread left I will tell you that cinnamon raisin bread freezes well and also is delicious in bread pudding.

No comments: