A new look at cooking and home decorating...with an attempt to add more greens to the plate, more vegetarian options & hopefully lots of new ideas to explore

Monday, June 16, 2008

The Apprentice

If you think that I am not publishing a recipe today because I spent the weekend poolside, you would be wrong. I am a die-hard couch potato who spent the better part of Fathers Day weekend (Happy Fathers Day, for all you dads) engrossed in a book. Not since Julia Child, My Life in France, have I been unable to separate myself from a book.

I thought that since I couldn’t put it down but for a few brief minutes to make Fathers day dinner (Five-Spiced Roasted Main Lobster with Port-Poached Figs and Sautéed Moulard Duck Foie Gras from French Laundry) you might like the book as well.

The Apprentice My life in the Kitchen by Jacques Pepin is great summer reading for anyone interested in food.

No comments: