A new look at cooking and home decorating...with an attempt to add more greens to the plate, more vegetarian options & hopefully lots of new ideas to explore

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Valentines Dinner

I am so pleased this week because despite the dreary, rainy, wet, cold weather we are experiencing; there are two food events in the air. Fat Tuesday and Valentines Day. Fat Tuesday, the day before Ash Wednesday, is not celebrated with as much enthusiasm in my area of the country. The spirit of Fat Tuesday belongs to the area of New Orleans. Despite this, I persist in making Gumbo, hearty soups and buying up Andouille sausage.

Other than thoughts of Turtle soup and prior stops on cross country trips The French Quarter for Beignets and hearty Chicory coffee, I have also been thinking of Valentines Day. I cannot think of a better occasion for roast rack of lamb. With it I might suggest a side dish of white asparagus, some herbed couscous and sauce of your choice.

No comments: