A new look at cooking and home decorating...with an attempt to add more greens to the plate, more vegetarian options & hopefully lots of new ideas to explore

Monday, September 10, 2007

Jumbo Shrimp with Harissa or Citrus marinade, grilled


Serves 2

1 total pound of jumbo shrimp, shelled and de veined

Hot and spicy shrimp-
I marinate ½ of the shrimp in
2 Teaspoons of Harissa sauce- (you may buy store bought or make your own, Harissa is a sauce from the area of Morocco/Turkey. I often make my own but I have bought jars of it as well. You can find it at both sur la table and on amazon)

Citrus Marinade
I marinate the other ½ of the shrimp in

1 teaspoon olive oil
Zest of 1 orange plus 2 teaspoons of the orange juice
1/8 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
Pinch of freshly ground pepper
1 clove of garlic minced
1 teaspoon of fresh basil, torn to small pieces or lightly chopped

Heat grill to med or med high heat. Grill both shrimps for 2-3 minutes per side.

No comments: