A new look at cooking and home decorating...with an attempt to add more greens to the plate, more vegetarian options & hopefully lots of new ideas to explore

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Aunt Sara’s Chocolate Cookies

I scrambled to write down Aunt Sara’s recipe as it was given to me from Diane, an acquaintance of mine. Diane and I met haphazardly, as she spotted me with my arms full of cookbooks, as they often are. We started chatting away about what she was planning to make for Christmas. Diane was in the middle of planning out a feast of the seven fishes for Christmas Eve. We chatted about all of the Christmas cookies that she bakes, and then Diane confessed that she is actually Jewish! She just loves to cook and bake. I bump into Diane often, and the last time I did she gave me this recipe, saying that her “Aunt Sara would be smiling down form the heavens above if she knew that people were baking her cookies”.

Because I am a bit scatterbrained, I keep forgetting to buy gram crackers in the grocery store, so I have not yet tested the recipe. That having been said- it looks very easy to make and I thought I should pass this along to you before I loose the little slip of paper that it is written on.

2 cups chocolate chips (Diane says its ok to mix and match, white chocolate, dark chocolate, and semi- sweet)
2 cups Gram cracker crumbs
2 cups Sweetened condensed milk

Preheat 350
Butter or spray an 9X13” pan
In a mixing bowl combine the ingredients above into a thick “oatmeal” consistency. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes.
(Diane likes to line the pan with easy release foil)

No comments: