A new look at cooking and home decorating...with an attempt to add more greens to the plate, more vegetarian options & hopefully lots of new ideas to explore

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas 2008


These days before Christmas are crazy. With gifts to buy and wrap, a menu to plan, who needs a little help know and then? – I know I do. That why, I was so pleased when I found this box as well as a box of sugar cookie dough and cupcake mix in whole foods. The both the dough and cupcake batter are organic and very easy to use. I thought these mixes might help you out a little around the holiday.

I have been busy trying to prepare for Christmas and have found that it is a huge help to get things done ahead of time. Make to do lists, which include checking place setting, cleaning glassware, and setting a menu. All of this will help you to sleep better at night.

My menu for Christmas day is as follows

Antipasti
Chestnut soup
Arrugula salad with Prosuttio
Popovers
Baked pasta served in individual gratin dishes
Roast prime rib of beef
Onions in balsamic syrup
Stuffed tomatoes (Julia child style)
Sautee of mixed mushrooms

For dessert
Italian Trifle
Cookies
Sorbet
And perhaps a Yule log if I ever get around to it

I don’t know if it will help you at all to know my menu, but I find that a simple reminder to write thing out ahead is always helpful.

No comments: